Monday, May 25, 2015

D-Day: Cape Town Bound

Live shot of my packing progress. Especially proud of that gaping hole in my checked bag, but toiletries are still missing.

After a rough but satisfying end to the semester, I'm a University of Texas at Austin graduate. Austin (and Texas in general) weather has been one perpetual storm this past month, so adapting to Cape Town drizzle should be easy. I was hoping to get one last swim in at Barton Springs Pool, but it dangerously flooded this weekend so that was a no-go.

And now, departure day is tomorrow. At 8:26 pm to be precise. I'm traveling with my friend Carola from Houston -> London -> Cape Town, and we have a nine hour layover in London that we're looking to take advantage of. Thank you, organized London public transit.

As a journalist and a social media geek, I'm not going MIA abroad. Check out this blog and follow me at @larisam13 on Instagram to keep up with my travels and our work in Cape Town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment